KIAMA COASTAL GETAWAYS, RAINE AND HORNE KIAMA
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HOLIDAY TENANCY AGREEMENT
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means the premises you are staying at and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
“Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. Acceptance and Responsibility
Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Booking Fees, Deposits and Payments
- A booking fee of $50.00 will apply to all bookings. The booking fee is in addition to the rental of the property and any other charges incurred throughout your booking. The booking fee is non refundable.
- To secure a booking a 50% deposit + booking fee must be paid to our office within 48 hours of making a booking, otherwise your booking is subject to cancellation. The balance payable and security bond is due by the date stipulated in the email communication. Keys are not given out unless full payment has been made including bond and booking fee.
- We accept payment by: Visa, MasterCard, direct deposit / internet transfer, bank deposit.
- Payment of the amount due must be received in Australian $ net of any bank or other transaction charges.
- Please ensure payment is made within the specified time limit or the booking will be cancelled automatically without notice.
- Occupancy is given from 2PM on day of arrival. The premises are to be vacated by 10AM on the day of departure. Early check in and late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability. Extra charges may apply. $50 per hour will be taken from the bond for departing late if it is not arranged prior to the arrival date.
- Keys are to be collected and returned to Raine & Horne Kiama, 78 Terralong Street Kiama. All windows and doors are to be locked upon vacating. Keys are NOT to be left at the premises.
- Office hours are (9am-5pm Monday to Friday and 9am–4pm Saturday). After hour check in arrangements can be made providing payment has been made in full. If you are vacating the premises and our office is closed, keys are to be dropped off in the chute in our office front door.
5. Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellation of a booking must be received by our office in writing.
- Bookings cancelled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings cancelled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made within 48 hours prior to arrival will incur a NIL REFUND. A variation of the booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be a treated as a cancellation of the booking in respect of those nights. We have a minimum nights stay policy of 2, 3 and 7 nights. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
- The deposit taken on a particular property for a specific time is not transferable to another time frame on that property or any other property.
- The booking will be made in good faith by us as the Agent. However, we cannot be held responsible for actions by an Owner, as to changes to a property or cancellation of a property prior to occupancy. Every reasonable endeavour will be made to offer alternative accommodation should this situation arise.
- With regard to telephone and postal enquiry, our descriptions are made in good faith. Raine & Horne Kiama takes no responsibility for misinterpretation of the property description or photographs. PLEASE NOTE: No refund will be given, if upon arrival, the accommodation is considered to be unsuitable or not to your liking.
6. Maximum Occupancy / Property Use and Behaviour
- The lessee must be over 21 years of age and present at the property during the booking period.
- The premises when let as a holiday house, are rented to accommodate only the number of occupants stated. Only the number of guests nominated and included on the booking agreement may stay in the property overnight. Overloading of any property will result in immediate cancellation of the booking and forfeit of your bond.
- The property shall not be used for any purposes other than holiday accommodation and shall not be sub-let. Noisy parties will not be tolerated and may lead to immediate termination / cancellation of your booking
- Disturbance to neighbouring properties, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and additional charges may be made for security and other expenses.
- Raine & Horne Kiama has a strict "No Party Policy". Any "party" bookings will not be accepted. “Party” bookings will be terminated immediately and will result in eviction and loss of full bond.
- The BBQ must be cleaned by the Guest. If it is not a $50 fee will be deducted from the bond for cleaning.
7. Pet Policy / Smoking Policy
- Under no circumstances will PETS be allowed.
- All of our properties have a "No Smoking" Policy. Increased cleaning charges may apply if anyone has been smoking inside the property.
8. Linen & Towels
- Please check to see if your selected property is provided with linen and towels. Our properties are fully self contained, however most do not include household linen. They are however equipped with blankets / doonas and pillows. You are required to bring bed sheets, pillow cases, bath/beach towels, bath mats, hand towels, face washers.
- Failure to use appropriate linen on any beds will incur an additional cleaning charge of $15.00 per bed.
9. Security Bond and Keys
- A security bond is held for every booking and the agent / owner reserves the right to request a different bond amount for each booking. A bond payment is required at the same time as the outstanding balance of your booking.
- Refund of a bond will be effected to your designated payment method following a satisfactory inspection of the premises after vacation and the property has been deemed to have been left in a similar state to your arrival. We warrant that this will occur within 7 working days of your departure.
- A bond may be debited to cover costs of damages, breakages, excess cleaning, missing / stolen inventory, lost keys etc. It is the sole and absolute discretion of the agent or its employees to, without any reference to you, debit your bond to cover these charges or not to refund your full bond.
- Guests are provided with 1 full set of keys and will be held responsible for any lost keys. A "Lost Key" charge will be the cost of having a new set cut plus the service / callout fee. If you lock yourself out of your holiday property, we keep a spare set of keys at the office however if our office is closed or we do not have spare keys, the tenant is responsible for a locksmith service.
- You must comply and agree to the REINSW Best Practice Good Guest Behaviour and Kiama Municipal Council Short Term Rental Accommodation policies during your occupancy of the premises.
- When occupying our managed properties, all owners corporation rules and By-Laws must be adhered to.
11. Your other Responsibilities
- During the term of occupancy all damages, breakages and missing inventory are the responsibility of the tenant. No furniture or effects are to be removed from the premises and they must be left in the position they were in when you arrived. We ask that you report any maintenance issues or damage (accidental/intentional) to our office immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
- The tenant will allow the owner, his agent or tradesman to enter the premises to view the state of the repair or attend to repairs on the property.
- Excess cleaning charges will be applied should the property be left in an untidy condition. This includes unclean dishes, unemptied fridge/freezer, re-arranged furniture, unclean BBQ, excess rubbish left etc. Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond.
- Garbage should be placed in the bins provided and put out for collection on the allocated collection day, which is on the fridge. Any excess garbage to be disposed of in a proper manner by the tenant.
- In the event of any infectious illness occurring during the tenancy of the premises the tenants shall thoroughly fumigate and disinfect the premises at their cost to the satisfaction of the owner.
- No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on or near the premises. Doors and windows at the premises should be secured at all times. Guests are responsible for insuring their own belongings.
- In the event of any renovation / building work being carried out near the premises, such work is beyond the owner’s or the agent’s control who therefore cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience guests may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
- If at any stage during your stay you are required to purchase a Swap and Go service for BBQ gas bottle refills (this can be done at Caltex Service Station on Manning Street, Kiama), please retain your receipt for proof of purchase and we will arrange reimbursement. Alternatively, please contact our office and we will organise for you. If you do not provide a receipt we will not be able to issue a refund.
- We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance as the owner and Raine and Horne Kiama are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at a property.
13. Problems or Complaints
- In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Raine and Horne Kiama at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service people access to the property during reasonable hours. Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure. Failure to follow this procedure may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
Raine and Horne Kiama, reserves the right to adjust the above terms and conditions at any time.